Sonntag, 22. Januar 2012

AMD 1 - Joe Schafer

For my AMD post I watched a German newsreport on youtube about the new owners of the Nuremburg race track. The report talked about how the new owners were cornering the market by only allowing people to use the track if they stayed at one of the operators hotels and only ate at the operators restaurant. The clip had subtitles which I used to keep up with the speakers. German's talk very fast, or at least it seemed that way to me. I also read the comments to see what other people thought of the video. One of the top comments was in deutsche and I was able to learn a couple new words from it. I was able to translate a couple sentances without any help at all, such as "Hallo Satiremagazine und Kabarettisten in Deutschland, warum hört man von euch nichts?", well I needed help with Kabarettisten. But it says, "Hello satire magazines and commedy artists in Germany, why don't we hear from you?" The comment also has the following sentance, "Wer mag, darf das ins englische übersetzen. Ich kann das leider nicht." Which übersetzen auf English "Who likes, may translate this into english. Unfortunately, I don't know how."

NEW Words:
Zweck: purpose
strukturschwachen: economically underdeveloped
sinnfreie: sensless
fasst: comprehend
Steilvorlage: open goal (In the context of the comment I assume the person is saying something is to easy.)
Kabarettisten: cabaret artist (comedy artist)
übersetzen: to translate


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.