Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012

Kapitel 8 Kultur - Adam Zientarski

The German concern with draftophobia and catching other very odd illnesses is just another culture barrier. Or is it? Many regions of the world have their own special remedies for certain illnesses. Drinking herbal tea and other non-conventional medicine in place of antibiotics is really that much different than gargling salt water when you have a sore throat in America. I do find it quite hilarious that some Germans only roll down their windows at red lights, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the windows open in the first place! I suppose that hydrophobia is just a superstition passed down through the generations. And like the article suggests, it can't be too big of a deal because avoiding "drafts" has improved their health.

I do think its awesome that they have saunas in Germany. In the USA, we only have them in really nice gyms that require an expensive membership or in nice hotels. I think that it is a very nice change for of pace for a society that is overly concerned with being orderly, encourages line cutting, and being tidy. They take routine seriously but relax hard as well.

The higher education system is the most fascinating but the most discouraging for me, since I pay a large sum of money to go to college, when any German can attend college for a relatively low cost, and spend twice the amount of time doing so without scrutiny.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.