Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2012
Kapitel 8 - Kultur - Will Burton
I found the chapter 8 culture texts this week, the fear of drafty windows in particular, to be very interesting. When I first began reading the text I had a hard time believing that this could be true. While I'm sure we all know that one weirdo who refuses to let a window stay open for fear or freezing to death, the idea that an entire national of people could be deathly afraid of a slight breeze is shocking to me. It began to make more sense when the article revealed that people feel this way because some doctors said that drafts cause sickness, after all, people do some crazy things in the name of health, even in the U.S.A.. However, the idea that drafts cause sickness is completely untrue, and even if at one time it were widely accepted as true, I have a hard time believing that the people of a modern nation such as Germany would not, in 2012, see that it isn't. so, I would like to know if the "fear of drafts" if due to people still believing that they cause illness, or because the habit of not allowing drafts has become a part of their culture to the point that the reason for doing it is no longer important.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.