Montag, 19. März 2012

AMD 5 - Adam Zientarski

For my AMD this week I watched some of the music videos from the web site that was recommended. The first video I watched was Madsen - Die Perfektion. This band is the pretty typical American Punk Pop band like Green Day that has very basic songs with social undertones.

While the German music scene does have a lot of bands that are similar to American bands, there are a lot more oddities that become famous unlike America, where everything typically follows the cultural norm. For instance, Die Firma would never be played even on the radio or even exsist because they look like a bunch of white middle-aged men. I did find their music video and music very pleasing though, and I wish that American culture should embrace artists like Die Firma more.

Even more odd was Wise Guys. I believe I have heard the song Jetzt ist Sommer. Acappella bands never make it in the USA because they have no interest nor do they have the professionalism of Wise Guys. Not listed on the web site is another acapella band that is seemingly making waves from Germany. I discovered the band Van Canto through the metal scene that I listen to and was intrigued by how they could perform acapella metal songs. It turns out they are from Germany.



I can't say that I am particularly a fan of Van Canto, but I can see the appeal. The big difference that I notice between German music and American music is that Germans are a lot more open minded when it comes to producing and listening to music that is outside of American mainstream.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.