Sonntag, 18. März 2012

AMD 5 - Jeremy Kohtz

For my AMD 5 I ventured onto the German music website that was suggested. I browsed around for a bit and ended up coming to a "German Top 10" sort of hitlist for the current week or day or whatever it was. I decided to go through and listen to them all to see what's trending in Germany nowadays. I'm not sure if this is surprising or not, but it turned out that what was popular was very similar to what's popular here in America, too. The #1 song, Wildes Ding by Culcha Candela is a very 'pop'-y song with different guys rapping and had a catchy auto-tuned chorus. It was very familiar, minus the fact that I didn't understand it all entirely. The video consisted of a good looking woman obviously and all the guys dancing around being all cool and gangster. It seemed pretty normal until all of a sudden they started showing random women getting paint thrown at them. It was quite unusual at that point, but hey, it's popular.
The rest of the countdown consisted of tracks similar to what you'd expect here. Quite diverse. You had your slow love songs, your acoustic indie-but-popular tracks, even had a cool cello-based blues track, more pop songs, a couple soft-rock types, and ended in one of my favorite artists, Eisbrecher and their song Verrückt. It was certainly a typical popular music countdown, but it was cool to sort of relate what was on there to what's on our American charts.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.