Sonntag, 18. März 2012

AMD 5

For mein 5th AMD I watched the first hour of "V wie Vendetta" (a deutsche-dubbed version of the American film 'V for Vendetta'). Most of the dialogue was very sophisticated and well beyond my limited vocabulary - but I still felt I picked up on some short phrases that were helpful. I know watching dubbed-German is frowned upon, but I think it's helpful to watch a dubbed version of a film that you are somewhat familiar with. That way, you can pick up on translation differences that reveal the more natural speaking habits of native dialogue.

I also like looking through the youtube comments on German youtube videos to see some of the internet slang that Germans use. A lot of it is borrowed from English and is kind of funny to see in the middle of a bunch of a German words.

One of the top comments:


Steck die Rute rein,wirst ein braves Mädchen sein. <-
Haha xDD


Tried running it through googs translate, but just spit out nonsense. No idea what it means.

Bis morgen!
Matt

Here's the video (don't know how the whole movie got uploaded to Youtube):

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.