Montag, 19. März 2012

AMD 5

For this AMD, I decided to look at Switzerland more closely. I thought it would be interesting since that is the country we're focusing on in the book for Kapitel zehn. I've always really like Switzerland, and would love to visit or live there some day. I already knew that Switzerland was a well-off country, but I didn't know just how well they do. They are one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and Zurich and Geneva have been ranked the number two and number three cities with the highest quality of life in the world. Switzerland is definitely a very modern and interesting place.

I also read about the culture of Switzerland. One of the first things I read about was the alphorn, which is that big stereotypical horn that everyone associates someone playing from up in the Alps. Apparently the stereotype is true and they actually play them a lot in the Alpine region and is a big part of traditional Swiss music. The Alps influence more of their culture as skiing and snowboarding, and resorts in the Alps to allow people to enjoy these sports, are very popular and a big part of the culture and economy. I would love to go skiing in the Alps, and just hang out at a nice resort and enjoy the scenery.

All in all Switzerland seems like an amazing place, and is somewhere I would be very excited to visit.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.