Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Kultur 10 - Jake Freund

I guess I really need to see "Dinner for One" now. I'll incorporate it into my holiday movie extravaganza next Christmas. I'll sneak it in between "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Scrooged." I am not too surprised that the Germans have a holiday special that no one else in the world knows of, I think every country has at least one of those.
I got super-excited when I started reading about the holiday shopping in Germany because I've been to a Christkindlmärkte before. It's like Frankenmuth, only more magical. It's a hot bed of the most wonderful Christmas trinkets and holiday foods. If anyone ever has the opportunity to spend Christmas in Germany, I would highly recommend it.
At first I was not very sympathetic to the problem of things closing too early, because I buy almost everything over the internet, like a real American! But then, it hit me: how many times have I made a late-night run to a McDonalds or CVS for a snack? At first it doesn't seem too bad, but when you really think about living without one of the greatest things about America (getting anything you want at anytime of day), it seems almost tragic.
Fathers' Day in Germany sounds pretty familiar.
Finally, Switzerland looks absolutely beautiful. I really hope I can make some time to get there this summer and purchase a legit Swiss army knife.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.