Montag, 16. Januar 2012

AMD 1 Kyle O'Meara

For my AMD 1 I chose to read an article off the website Spiegel.de in German about the EU monetary crisis. I found this under the wirtschaft section, which means economy in German. Knowing a little big about the situation beforehand it was easier to identify what the article was talking about. For instance, when talking about Standard and Poors rating credit, they used the term in German Kreditwürdigkeit for them. Translating this I got credit-worthiness, which must be what they call credit rating agencies in Germany. I was also able to comprehend that Germany recieved a 'AAA' bond rating for their government bonds. However, after reading this I was humbled by the large vocabulary a news site would have especially talking about something complex like the economy. Yet, I still got some beneficial experience in German by trying to read around some larger words and also linking together words that seem like their English equivlents.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.