Samstag, 28. Januar 2012

AMD 2 - Adam Zientarski

Für mein AMD, ich lese Rebecca's blog Post "tuition and fruition." I found the German discontent with a 500 Euro tuition fee baffling. Rebecca makes the excellent point that we pay around 25,000 a year to attend the University of Michigan and they cannot even pay 500 Euros to attend a very good university in Germany. I guess for paying more we do have libraries that are open 24/7 and endless resources and opportunities that you wouldn't find at most other colleges. I think this kind of reflects a culture gap between the United States and Germany/Europe. Most of the countries in Europe are far more socialist than the United States. I think that this can also be used to say that the cost of living is much lower in Germany than the United States because the government provides more and people do not take kindly to having to pay for things they previously did not have to. And at the same time I was upset just like the Rebecca, because I will be in a lot more debt out of college than any of them =(

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.