Montag, 30. Januar 2012

AMD 2 - Will Burton

When I finally had no time left to procrastinate on doing this, our second AMD of the year, I was tired and wanted nothing to do with anything that required work. So, I chose to do something rather easy, I watched a movie. I decided that Inglorious Basterds, though not entirely German, had enough, and was generally simple enough, for me to try to understand what was being said without reading the subtitles. It is apparent, however, that naturally spoken German is much faster, and harder to understand for people new to it, than the slow German played for us on recordings. My guess is that the only way to get used to this, or to get better at it, is through experience. Perhaps that is why it is so important for people learning the language to go to places where it is spoken, so that they can not just use it and hear it more often, but in the way it is normally spoken. Ofcourse, It's always possible the speaking in the film just seemed very fast because of how tired I was when I watched the film, I'm not entirely sure one way or the other.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.