Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012

Kultur 8 - Emily Kaulius

Like many other people who posted before me, the fact that Germans seem to be afraid of drafts strikes me as particularly odd. I currently have a fan going and two windows open in my apartment. Feeling overheated is, at least to me, one of the most uncomfortable feelings. I constantly have a window open, even if it's snowing outside, sometimes to the chagrin of my roommates. Needless to say, I don't think that I would fare well in Germany, at least temperature/comfort-wise.

I found the article about college students very interesting. At first I found myself questioning why these people would want to stay in college for so long. I was thinking about how in America, college is becoming increasingly more expensive. Students are having to take out student loans and are graduating with tens of thousands of dollars in debt. For college students in America, they want to graduate as quickly as possible. In Germany, however, it is definitely a different story. Tuition costs are much lower than those in America. I can definitely see why students in Germany want to stay in college for as long as they can. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.