Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012

Kultur Kapitel 7

The articles for this chapter was very interesting. After reading the article about German supermarkets, I am rather terrified to go to one because I don't think I'd know how to act, from the rotting vegetables to the cashier who doesn't bag your things for you and you have to put them back into your cart as quick as you can.

The German driving rules are also terrifying. Not only do I not have a license to begin with because I am deathly afraid of driving and being on the road, but in Germany, there seems to be so many more rules (don't drive too slowly, don't drive too quickly, rules regarding parking, fined for every little mistakes). I learned last semester that a lot of Germans don't have cars because the public transportation is well equipped and that it's just easier and less costly to not own a car.

I feel that the Germans and I have something in common that we both don't like lines. I hate standing in lines due to my impatient personality and it seems like Germans are constantly trying to cut. I don't usually cut but from now and then, when I see someone I know in a long line, I sometimes cut by casually talking to them.

I can't wait to go to Germany one day but at the same time, I am terrified of travelling to a country that seems to be so different from mine.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.