As usual, some of the kultur texts I feel I have lived first hand and others I am shocked to see. The Autobahn article did not surprise me at all. Having driven on the autobahn, I can say first hand, get out of that left lane unless you are a speed demon. It can be terrifying to have cars come up behind you. I find it interesting to read all of these rules, as if we do not have many of the same similar rules in America. However, as it is with most German culture, the Germans just follow through with these rules much more seriously than Americans.
The supermarket post surprised me very much, because in Bavaria I always buy my food from small specialty shops or markets. These big supermarkets remind me a lot of cotcos. Which is interesting because when my cousins from Germany come to New Jersey we always show the Costco as a sort of shock factor of another huge thing America has in comparison to Germany.
The food I found especially entertaining - especially the post about the superbowl food. It was almost too accurate! My mouth was watering as I thought of the superbowl party my family throws every year filled with wings, nachos, and other unhealthy yet delicious finger foods! The Tex-Mex food debate was also fun to read, because I even get confused what is real Mexican food, and what have we as Americans just begun to call Mexican!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.