Alright, Kultur time! Tonight, I'm in a very good mood, so I won't snarkily dismiss the Spiegel articles. I really enjoyed the article about German neighbors. In my home in East Lansing, my family has this one neighbor (great family, I love them to death) who never mowed their lawn and had the worst garden I had ever seen. Occasionally, I would go over and mow their lawn out of sheer frustration. I would love to be able to threaten them with legal action for not keeping their front lawn neat and tidy. Also, the article about German patriotism, or lack there of, was extremely interesting. I wish it was longer... and not a Spiegel articles... and I had enough time to read it, but I can dream! I went to Germany with my family when I was about 15, and one of the things my parents said before we got there was, "Don't male any references to Nazis or Hitler at all!" I guess that stuff is very taboo there and people can be arrested for showing things related to the Nazi party.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.