Sonntag, 19. Februar 2012

Kultur 9

I thought the articles were interesting for this chapter. I was not really surprised to read about the organization and certification obsession in Germany. It just really fits with the stereotypes. Germans are supposed to be very neat and organized and documented. I thought it was kind of funny to read about the major differences between their way and how we do things here.
I also thought the big differences between neighborly conduct was interesting and funny. I guess it makes sense for them, and kind of goes along with the first article about organization, that they just really like tidiness and organization and quiet and so on. I don't think I'd like to have neighbors that uptight, but I'm sure they're not all so tightly wound.
The article about the lack of patriotism was kind of disappointing to read. I was a little surprised that the article said most people would answer with a no if asked whether they were proud to be a German. Obviously what happened in the 1930s and 1940s was unbelievably terrible, and it needs to be remembered so as not to be repeated, but I think by now pride in Germany should be able to be restored. A lot has changed since then, and mostly everyone in Germany today had nothing to do with WWII at all, so I think it's a shame that Germans still don't feel that they can be proud of their country.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.