Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012

Kultur 9 - Lets get organized

This level of organization described in the first article sounds refreshing. I wish we were more conditioned in our culture to do the same. We all try, but are lulled into thinking we don't need this stuff handy. When those rare instances do occur when we really need it, we are loath to find it or have it. As for certificates, we barely need those to get a job with high qualifications; you are qualified if you can do the job, with lawyer and Doctor being perhaps the two exceptions.

I think we have a similar system between neighbors and noise and being "excessive" in this country, but our case often never make it to court, in fact, I think police or city officers sometimes act as judges on the spot if necessary. As for quiet hours, this sounds wonderful, and yet I often need to do laundry at 10:00 PM.

It is interesting not so much how little Germans display there flag, but how much Americans do. Many foreign friends of mine have commented that the American Flag is everywhere in this country, and it is. Think about how many stores, buildings, universities, etc. show the flag on a daily basis. There is almost the opposite stigma in this country than in Germany; you better love America if you live here and you better show it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.