I saw the movie Alakazam - Konig der Tiere (Alakazam the Great in English). It is adapted from a Japanese manga, whose story is based upon a Chinese classical novel, Journey to the West or the Monkey King. This movie was originally an American movie and was dubbed in German.
I find it very interesting to watch how other culture see my culture. The adaption from Japan can be considered as an innovative adaptation, with everything still in the context of the oriental mythology and culture; however, the American adaptation added a lot of Western element in it. A divine general in the Chinese mythology, for instance, was depicted as Hercules with Greek amour in the movie.
I chose cartoon to watch, in the hope that I could understand more. But it turned out that the dubbing was so fast that I almost couldn't catch a full sentence, which is very frustrating. Fortunately, I could take the advantage of my familiarity to the plot.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.