Sonntag, 18. März 2012

AMD 5

For this AMD, I did some research on German superstition. I feel like superstitions around the world vary and it is extremely interesting. In Korea, people don't sleep with the fans on because of fear of suffocating. I wanted to know what kind of superstitions that the Germans believed in.

In class we had learned about the "draft" and that is the superstition that I landed the most on. And then there were things about stale air and how Germans have to all the windows in the room for at least 20 minutes in a day. I also read that the Germans only open the windows on one side of the house at a time. They even have 3 different modes on windows which include "tilting open" for airing out the room and minimizing the draft.

They also hate using air conditioning apparently and one pays extra for installing air conditioning in their car. They say that abrupt temperature changes are bad for the Krieslauf or blood circulation. And speaking of Krieslauf, they also don't go swimming right after they eat because it can seriously cause damage to your Krieslauf and result in death. We also talked about Krieslauf in class where one can call their boss with a problem with their Krieslauf, and they can get a paid day off.

Another thing that I read about is wearing a scarf when one has a sore throat, even if is Summer. I guess Germans wear a scarf if they get a sore throat and don't take it off for weeks and people even wear scarves to bed...

I find all of these superstitions so interesting and although I don't understand the reasoning behind some of these superstitions, superstitions will be just superstitions. Every country around the world has their set of superstitions and so does Germany.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.