Overall I would give this movie an 3.5/5. Even though it's an old movie, it gives you a unique insight into the lives of the German people during such a delicate time in their history.
Sonntag, 18. März 2012
AMD 5 - Terrence Tigney
For this AMD, I decided to re-watch one of the movies that I watched for my German 303 class, Kuhle Wampe. I think most people have heard of it, but to summarize, it is about a family during the pre-WWII era of the Weimar Republic, during which unemployment was one of the main problems affecting Germany. The movie follows one family, the daughter specifically, as the live their lives (which for most of them involve unemployment). The family has to suffer through the death of the son, and their own eviction form their home. Thankfully the daughters boyfriend help them move into a unemployment camp, "Kuhle Wampe". But, the story doesn't end there...
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.