Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Kultur 10 Aaron Vanderboegh

I habe diese Artikels sehr komisch gefundet. The talk about German store hours seemed to be a bit of a problem to me. It sounds that unless you are unemployed everyone closes at the same time as you, so there's no way to shop. I've been known to do a bit of late night shopping, so that would be a problem for me. I have never heard of the Dinner for One skit, so I suppose that the stereotype is true. I feel much more prepared now thought because I know of it. I have certainly heard of the Sound of Music however, and I find it strange that they have not. I guess there are issues like this on both sides of the coin. Fathers Day sounds to me like a male exclusive version of an upcoming holiday here, St. Patrick's Day. I don't particularly enjoy this holiday here as it can be quite annoying, especially when dealing with drunken students for the entire day, and not just the evening. I feel bad for the police in Germany with fathers day though, because they have to deal with belligerent people all day instead of hanging out with their friends or family like everyone else. I also noticed that the police officers in the picture were a little overly dressed as opposed to officers in the States. I have heard about the police officer mentality of overkill prevents retaliation, but I never really put it into context until I saw that photo. Finally I found the travel Blog on Bern interesting due to its customs checkpoint at the airport. I have never heard of an airport that had customs into 3 different countries, and I would never have even considered that until I read about it. I would like to see that airport, if only because it would give me a choice on where I wish to travel to.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.