Mittwoch, 14. März 2012
Kultur 10- Kyle O'Meara
I was very pleased with reading the articles this time around for the culture blog post. I read the first three and found some stuff about Germans, I probably wouldn't have known or looked up without reading the articles. For some reason I thought it was hilarious Germans had a tradition of watching "Dinner for One" on New Year's Eve. It was pretty shocking to me how Germans watched an English language skit regularly, every year in black and white. It's also pretty funny how the article said they have never played the skit in the UK or US. I can almost relate this tradition to how it seems some cultures love outdated US music. A few blogs back touched on how Germans have irregular store hours, but I would imagine a Sunday with little noise from trucks and cars would be very relaxing and peaceful and would encourage me to spend most of the day outside. Father's Day in Germany is pretty shocking and I would never imagine getting drunk with my dad on Father's Day. However, I wonder if this is just an alcohol company commercialization of a holiday, just like St. Patricks Day in the US and Cinco de Mayo in the US. German Christmas markets remind me of the town called Frankenmuth in Michigan, where coincidentally they mimic a German town and have the largest Christmas store in the world.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.