Donnerstag, 15. März 2012
Kultur 10 - Burton
While reading the kultur text on Germany's "christmas markets," I was constantly thinking about the town of Frankenmuth in michigan, and how that German town has a well know christmas market. Though I've never been there, perhaps it would be a chance to experience a small bit of german kultur without traveling to germany. In the same way that the article explains that german Christmas markets are great tourist attractions, the christmas market of frankenmuth also seems to be aimed specifically at attracting temporary tourists, with ads playing all over the state and beyond. seeing such a foreign tradition being carried out here seems weird, but when thinking about Christmas celebrations I remember that Christmas itself is actually heavily influenced by Germans and German culture. Even the use of Christmas trees is a tradition begun by Germans that later spread throughout the world.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.