Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Kultur 10

While reading the first article, I was surprised to find out that there is such a popular video that is not in German. I would think they would demand that it be in Deutsch (not that they are anti-other places, but it seems like it would be their own private way of showing the taboo patriotism). It's not very surprising that this movie has been a large part of German new year's culture for so long, since Germans do have an extensive culture that has remained strong and prominent for so long. If anyone knows how to perserve their culture, it is the Germans. The connection between The Sound of Music and this video makes a lot of sense, especially if not many Germans watch the movie.
Stores in German sound like a pain in the rucken, what with the crazy lines, rules about bags, the savage way you are forced to fight through other shoppers, and now having to plan your schedule around the stores operating hours. Gott im Himmel! Good thing I'm planning on being rich when I move to Germany, that way I can just pay eine Frau to go to the store for me, and keep my fridge stocked up!
The shit-show that occurs on Father's day is no surprise, given that it seems that Germans get drunk for basically every holiday during the year. I'm sure that it is an especially nice treat for the men, but women have their day too.
I was pleased to read about the grand events that occur in Germany during christmas. Since it is similar to Oktoberfest, I think I can picture generally what happens (having gone to an Oktoberfest here in the us). I assume it would be on a much larger scale, however. It also pleases me that Germany can use this time to boost their economy, especially with goods that have been valued by others around the world. Because of my love for snow, I would love to experience a German Christmas.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.