Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Kultur Kapitel 10

I thought that the "Dinner For Who?" article was very interesting because I feel like often there are inside jokes within communities and countries, but they can also be well-known through other parts of the world. Considering this has been a German tradition for a long time, I can't believe that I have never ever heard of this movie. You would think that a movie that is watched by the entire population of a country would be well-known not just throughout the country but also to the rest of the world, but no, this is the first time I've ever heard that Germans watched this movie as tradition. Now I'm very curious to see what this movie is about and what draws the attention of so many people.

Also reading the article on how German stores tend to close earlier made me realize how organized Germans really are. It would be so hard for me to get used to the early closing hours of even stores not being open because there are 24 hours supermarkets here open throughout almost the every day of the year. I always think these supermarkets are super useful because sometimes when you want to grab a midnight snack or you realize there's something you really need, and it doesn't even have to be food related, there's nowhere to buy these things. Germans must be super organized to think ahead and shop ahead for things that they need or might need. I can't imagine being able to plan ahead for everything and thinking about the things that I need to even eat a snack. I have a lot of respects for German and their organization because they're obviously accomplishing something that I don't think I could ever get used to but it also seems very inconvenient that these stores are not open a lot.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.