Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Kultur 10

I thought the article about "Dinner For One" was interesting and really relatable to American holiday traditions. My family always watches A Christmas Story, and other classics that are always played on tv around Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was interesting to see how both cultures have a traditional movie or tv show that is associated with, and watched without fail around the holidays.

I was not really surprised to read about the stores in Germany having fewer business hours as I've come to learn more about German culture, but I can't say I would be thrilled with that way of doing things. I agreed with the author that needing to pick something up, and not being able to because the store is closed is really frustrating. I hate getting in the car and driving somewhere just to get there and discover that it's closed. It's one thing that drives me crazy almost more than anything else. I can't imagine I'd adjust too easily to it in Germany. I guess it's just part of the life there, and things aren't as urgent as they seem to be here, but man, when I want to pick up a movie, or get a hair cut, or whatever it may be, I usually don't want to wait.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.