Montag, 2. April 2012

AMD 6

For AMD 6, I decided to read a film kritik from a German site. I don't read published film reviews too often, except for an Ebert review here and there, but I thought it would be interesting to take a look at a German one and see how much I could pick up, and also learn how their style and opinions differ from the common format that reviewers use in America.
I looked at a review for "Die Frau in Schwarz", or the Woman in Black. I had not really heard about this movie before reading this German review, but the movie stars Daniel Radcliffe, better known as the title character in Harry Potter. The film review mentioned this fact, and although the article was a little above my level, I was able to pick up that the author was discussing how Daniel is known mostly for his role as the famous child wizard. The review then goes on to discuss the plot of the film. Apparently it takes place at the beginning of the 20th century, and is about a lawyer (I think) who lives and works in London, and then has to travel (somewhere) after he hears about a new job (I think). Something bad or mysterious (it seems) is going on in this new place, involving a woman in black. The author seemed to think it was an OK movie, but that it did not live up to classics like Frankenstein and Dracula.
I think I got the gist of the movie without looking at the English reviews, or really even knowing what this movie was beforehand. Hopefully my graceful and informative summary of this film review has tempted you to go see it.

Auf Wiedersehen

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.