Donnerstag, 5. April 2012

Kultur 11 - Isaac - Sigh...Ostalgie

I have Ostalgie - well maybe not really. It always strikes me as strange at first when I hear about this phenomenon, like with the families of my Russian friends. It is exceptionally prevalent in the older generations. But then I hear them talk about what they miss, and in many ways I can understand. They miss the might of their culture, the nationalism, and the security through consistency of socialism, even if it is a harsh reality. When think about it, you need a hard constitution for capitalism and democracy, a system where many things are based off of shallow social constructs and in constant flux and change. but then again, we always want what we don't have. As for the war between north and south, the article was confusing. It sounded like they had some preconceived notions of each other, and I think this is similar to the North and South in America - certain maintained stereotypes about regions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.