I especially enjoyed the timeline. It taught me that I had the wrong year for the fall of the Berlin wall. For my entire life, I thought the Berlin Wall fell in 1990, but as it turns out, it fell in 1989. My life will never be the same after learning that.
Mittwoch, 4. April 2012
Kultur 11
Here we go, the last blog post of my German career at the University of Michigan. I have to say, this final Kultur section was a good read. I enjoy history, so learning more about the political and social turmoil that engulfed Germany after WWII and after the fall of the Berlin Wall was great. The two readings about how Germany is still divided reminded me of how Americans view the other parts of the country. Just as the Germans have stereotypes for people from East, West, North, and South Germany; Americans have stereotypes for people from North, South, East, and West America. So, I'm not sure how serious the Germans are about rebuilding the Berlin Wall. There could be a large population of people who despise the other parts of Germany enough to re-build it, but I just think that most people are over reacting to minor stereotypes.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.