Mittwoch, 4. April 2012

Kultur 11

Hallo!

The most interesting article was the last one about the divide between northerners and southerners in Germany. Although I'm sure this article was exaggerated to a certain extent (Berliners expressing hatred for the southern Germany mountains, come on), but it wasn't hard to believe that many similar stereotypes exist in the regions of Deutschland.

My favorite part was the joke about when a blonde moves from the north to the south, the collective IQ of both places goes up. That's a good one. I also found it interesting that the political divide between regions comes with the same stereotypes as in America.

Another very interesting aspect of this Kultur collection was about the "Mental Wall" between East and West Germany. I would love to study in depth the pyschological impact of the old Berlin Wall's existence on Germans' initial thoughts and judgments on people from opposite sides of the country. I imagine that it would take a great deal of time to pass for the idea of a division between the East and the West to evaporate.

Bis morgen!
Matt Riemland

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.