My favorite article was probably the timeline. I love history, especially WWII through modern times. I didn't really know much about the history of solely Germany after WWII, so I thought that that article was very interesting. I found the article about attitudes about the reunification of Germany kind of surreal. We as citizens of the United States typically naturally cheer on democracy and can't imagine why someone would prefer communism. We also cheer on success, and West Germany was more prosperous than East Germany. I personally can't imagine wanting to live in a divided Germany, but I suppose I didn't live there. I suppose you could liken it to people being upset about the South's failed attempt to secede from the rest of the United States. There were still plenty of people who wanted to secede after the North emerged victorious. Heck, it may have even only increased people's desires to be a separate nation.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.