I found these differences in the people to be very interesting. I have an Aunt in Germany who was born in Ireland, so she was not born with any ill feelings toward the Eastern Germans. She now lives in west germany (Frankfurt). When my family drove to Easy Germany (Dresden), she often complained of how the nice the roads were in East Germany compared to those in the West. She was alluding to how the East gets a lot more money from the government, something the West is upset about. It is very interesting how someone who was not born with this mindset grew into it just by living in the West. I was very curious to how that all worked, because she seemed to dislike all of the Eastern people. There must be a very strong hatred. The north to south divide makes sense, as that happens in almost every big country where there is a serious weather difference. People in the Northern USA definitely feel that the Southern Americans are "stupid hick," while Southern Americans definitely feel that Northern Americans are "arrogant snobs." The whole divide comes from the difference in cultures between warm and cold weathers, and I think that as a whole is kind of sad in many ways, how two people who stand for the same country cant stand for the same values.
--nitai leve
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.