Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012
AMD 1
I thought that I start off this semester's AMD assignments with a bit about the Deutsch National Fußballmanschaft. I am a big soccer fan, so I believe that it's an appropriate topic for the beginning of the semester. Germany's national team has won the world cup 3 times in 1954, 1974, and 1990. Germany has finished second 4 times in 1966, 1982, 1986, and 2002. They are traditionally ranked as one of the top teams in FIFA rankings and are currently ranked third behind the Netherlands and Spain. Germany has appeared in 17 different world cups starting in 1934 and continuing to the most recent in 2010. It's rather impressive to think that out of 17 appearances, they have been in the final 7 times. My favorite player currently on the team is Mesut Özil. Other than their dominance in the World Cup, it is also important to remember that they have won the European Cup 3 times in 1972, 1980, and 1986. I grew up as a child cheering for Germany because of my family's relation to Germany. Cheering for a national team is much like cheering for a college team. There is so much pride that goes into seeing your team succeed, and it is a very special time for all of the countries involved.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.