It looks like this begins another semester of outlandish and inaccurate satires instead of articles. I shop at Aldi for certain items because it is cheap, and find almost none of what this author said true. I have more moldy vegetables at Meijer or Kroger than at Aldi, even if these stores are not Whole Foods. Second, yes their are few registers, but I have never witnessed this mad Bonanza for a new place when another one opens, nor have the staff be rude or tried to run me down with a palate. Yes, you have to bag your own grocery and many people use bags they brought from home, but why is this bad. You are so entitled you can't bag groceries and its a bad thing not use unbiodegradable plastic bags. As far as driving goes, it seems that all those things are true of America (excluding the high speeds of the Autoban) but we don't patrol and enforce these rules as much as Germany. I wonder also if they have is much industrial traffic on their roads in Germany, i.e. semi-trucks - they have the right of way here, or you'll die.
It does seem that the lines in Germany fail at the politeness of similar American experiences. It is very common for people to say "excuse me" or "go ahead" here. However, I believe Americans to be pushy and rude at heart so I sure they can fair well in Germany if have an opportunity to get acclimated. I am curious to know, however, why this sense of ordernung and structure present throughout the rest of German society breaks down here. I am also curious to ask our resident German in the department if this is even accurate, as so many things on this website are not.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.