Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2012

Kultur7 - Matthew Simpson

While reading through the articles, the "Bargain Buys" description of Aldi's sounded all too familiar. Growing up in Lansing, my family would often shop at the nearby Aldi. It was indeed low-cost, carrying some pretty ridiculous off-brand products.

My favorite:
All joking aside, the article was surprisingly accurate. I never encountered any of the rudeness from the employees, but the layout of the store, shopping cart deposits (for a quarter), and checkout register setup descriptions were right on the money.

Contrary to what the article stated, I actually like the maze-like layout of the store. You just have a grab-and-go kind of mentality with that setup. Once you reach the end, you check out and all is well. Although the store I went to was never too crowded, so I never had the problem of weaving through fellow shoppers.

Any way you look at it, Aldi has very low prices and is a great place to go shopping. I never knew that what I was experiencing was so German!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.