Sonntag, 19. Februar 2012

Kultur 9 - Emily Kaulius

These culture readings never cease to entertain me, and this batch was certainly no exception. I found the article about neighbors particularly interesting. Reading the article, I couldn't help but think of what some of my neighbors back in my hometown think of me. Over the summer, I would often have a group of my friends over to hang out. We would typically troll around my neighborhood, have a bonfire, and play on my trampoline. These things at a normal time are perfectly harmless, but it's a different story at 2 AM. Things tend to get exponentially funnier the later and later it gets, so we would get louder and louder. Needless to say, I don't think some of my neighbors appreciated it. If I lived in Germany, I can't help but think that we would be in some of trouble with the law and/or my neighbors.
As far as the article about the obscene amount of documents and certificates that Germans need in order to get anywhere in society, I can't help but think that I would enjoy it. I get strange gratification from organizing things. I love sorting things and putting them all in their rightful place (although the mess that is my dorm room may speak against this).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.