Sonntag, 19. Februar 2012

Kultur 9 Julia Hooker

All of these articles were very interesting, but rather short. I found myself really wanting them to expand the articles, but the articles were still a fun and enjoyable read. I found the court case with the frogs to be very amusing, and I was surprised at how much more respectful you are required to be in Germany than here in America. I also can't believe that Germany requires even more paperwork than America. Having just filled out my tax return, I refuse to imagine what it would be like having to keep track of all of that paperwork for every job interview, bank interaction etc. It's astounding that every class you take gives you a certificate. Also, I found it interesting that unless you can prove that you know something with paperwork, you might as well not know it. I know with jobs I've had that when they ask if you can use Excell, and I don't have to go dig through my records to find proof that I took a class on Computers in seventh grade. As for the lack of patriotism, I had heard this previously. I like that Germany has a sense of unity over attempting to learn from the past, but it is certainly weird to imagine a country where the flag isn't being flown and patriotism is not only not valued, but taboo.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.