Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012

Kultur 9 - Jeremy Kohtz

It's 2 somthing AM and I was freaking out because I didn't do the German homework that was assigned on Thursday. Shit, that's due tomorrow, I'd better do that. It wasn't until after I had read the kultur articles that I realized something was wrong; no one had posted about the Kultur-Texts yet. THEN I remembered we don't have class on Fridays. Just thought I'd share that with you so you can laugh at my stupidity, auch.

ANYHOW, perhaps it's just the mood I'm in, but I honestly didn't find these articles up to snuff. It was kind of disappointing, because I usually really enjoy them. They were still slightly interesting, however. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Germans don't fly their flag around everywhere (We love that shit here. I've got an American flag draped on my wall as we (I) speak (blog). I get the whole "ashamed of WWII" (or however they feel about it), but still. There's new generations, so it blows my mind that even the childrens' children feel the same. Perhaps I have to experience it to understand. I guess if my grandparents did something terribly awful/illegal on a huge level, I'd be slightly embarrassed to call myself their descendant. That's the best way for me to try and understand such a weird thing. And on top of THAT, the article even said that Germans would answer "no" when asked if they love their country! SO un-American! We have an entire genre of music dedicated to how much we love our country! (Country music) Don't get me wrong; I love country music. It's just one example of how much Americans love to say loud and proud that we're Americans and we love this country.
For me, at least, I hope that sometime in the near future Germans can learn to love their country and flag and be able to display it. I know I love my freedom as an American and I like taking pride in that. Germans are missing out on something that can connect them all, I feel. Hopefully they realize that soon.

GUTE NACHT!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.