Freitag, 17. Februar 2012
Kultur 9- Kyle O'Meara
In this Kultur reading for chapter 9, I encountered some interesting tidbits of German life. Beginning with the Bureaucracy article I thought it was very interesting to have a certificate for everything you did. You could learn a lot from a job applicant just looking at what he has accomplished within his entire life. However, it seems VERY cumbersome to remember all of these for the rest of your life and not to lose them. This system seems a lot like Ancient China's old system of bureaucracy and massive state-ran tests to prove if you are qualified for certain tasks. The neighbor thing, I think is not limited to just Germany.I tend to view that article as pretty much just depending where you live. The car was thing is a unique situation thought. I know in Germany they are much more cautious about the environment and pollution then the US and that is a good piece of information to know regarding how they enact pollution regulations. I also thought the state with the former required "silent hours" from 1-3 pm was pretty crazy,those are prime construction hours etc... It's sad that the Germans associate patriotism with Naziism and do not generally fly there flag at private residences. However, I've been to London and seemed like even over in England less people flew their flag then in America. Maybe us Americans just fly our flags at home at a very high rate.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.