After reading the articles, I was somewhat amused. The article about the neighbor thing sounded just like it is here in america, however we dont have specific "quiet hours" in place. I cant imagine that noise is really that much of a problem unless you live right on top of your neighbors or they are just whine little girls. Unfortunately people like this do exist, so I can see why Deutschland had to begin implementing noise ordinances. These do kind of suck, especially since I am the type of person that acts somewhat impulsively when it comes to chores like mowing the lawn or, washing my car. If I decide on a Sunday morning to mow my lawn, I'm just SOL. If I dont get to do thing when I'm fixin to do them, I'll have to wait until I work up the initiative to do it later on.
The German certificate "fetish" doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but then again I am sure that 2 years down the line I would find out that I lost one of my little certificates and be screwed. I have decent organizational skills, but no where near good enough for me to keep track of something that I'll need years in the future. Also, I wondered what it would be like for a foreigner to move there. Would they just need their forms of immigration, and any later forms they get? Certainly they would not have most of the documents a native would. Quale, I guess that is something I am going to have to find out sometime.
Its sad that Germans dont have very much patriotism. I feel that enough time has passed, and that Germany has changed enough for them to be able to comfortable celebrate their country. I understand if you dont have any special feelings towards your country, but the feel that its actually taboo to like it is somewhat extreme. I know that when I go there im going to love the poop out of it, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.