Sonntag, 4. März 2012
AMD 4 Aaron Vanderboegh
For this assignment, I decided to go ahead and watch Das Experiment, a film based on a 1970's prison experiment. In the film there were people who were part of the experiment were divided into two groups, the prisoners and the guards. The prisoners were given a short list of rules and the guards were to enforce these rules using anything other than force. I won't spoil the movie for you, but like any kind of power situation, things go downhill quickly towards a messy ending. I was surprised however, by the amount of information that I was able to understand from the film. While I was obviously not able to understand word for word, I could understand a lot of the general information from the conversations. This is very important in this film since the dialogue is what creates the suspense and the emotions of the movie. Several words were used quite frequently that I did look up such as vorbei, but I watched the movie straight through for the most part. There was however, some kind of love interest, but I couldn't really understand why or what was going on with all of it (One minute they have a car accident with each other, next they're at his apartment kind of thing). I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers, but I learned very quickly that the German emphasis on censorship carries over to cinema...
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.