The majority of Das Boat takes place in the U-boat. The cinematography is amazing and you really get the feeling of claustrophobia in the submarine. There are many, many nail-bitingly intense scene in which the U-boat is underwater while British battleships search for them above the water. I highly recommend this movie to all people who have even the slightest interest in war movies. You must be patience though, there are a few slow parts and it is a very long movie.
Sonntag, 4. März 2012
AMD 4, Jake Freund
For the 4th of the infamous AMD assignments, I chose to watch the movie "Das Boot." This movie fits into the genre; awesome German submarine WWII thriller. I watched this movie on vacation with my family (my Dad is a huge WWII buff and he loved to force the rest of my family to watch it too). We did watch the movie with English subtitles, but I tried to read them as little as possible. The story of the movie takes place in the latter parts of WWII. It follows the crew of a German U-boat as they attempt to destroy British ships in the Atlantic while avoiding the Battleships. It stars the amazing Jürgen Prochnow, better known as; that one foreign guy from that one movie.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.