Sonntag, 4. März 2012

AMD 4 - Jeremy Kohtz


At the suggestion of our teacher, I decided to watch a German film for my fourth AMD. I looked up which ones were the good ones and came across a comedy called Männer (Men). Männer is about a guy named Julius who's a not-terribly-faithful husband. He finds out his wife is cheating on him with some artist, so he moves out. He finds out who this artist is and moves in with him! So most of the movie is sort of Julius messing with the artist, Stefan, and kinda finding out that he was a boring husband and such. Julius and Stefan spend a lot of time making fun of women, so I enjoyed it immensely. I don't want to spoil the end for you (it's not a surprise ending or anything) but it's quite ironic. Overall, it was quite an interesting movie and I'd suggest you watch it. It's fun to watch.
Some things I noticed whilst watching:
There was a lot of homoeroticism. Not like Julius and Stefan were making out half the movie or anything, but in most American movies you don't normally see two guys talking butt-ass naked to each other, chasing each other through the sprinklers, feeding each other food, and wrestling in their underwear. I figured that was probably a European thing.
Lots of smoking. Most of the characters smoked and did it often. It's not like the movie was an old time one where you see everyone smoking; it came out in 1985. I also figured that might be a European thing. (Granted many Americans (now and in the 80s) do smoke).
Any time the radio turned on, it was playing AMERICAN music. I found this quite interesting and I don't have an explanation for it other than the American music scene must be the hub of the world.
Lastly, a fair amount of casual nudity. As I hinted at earlier there's a few scenes where the main characters are naked. Not necessarily sexual scenes, either. For example, a few times they showed Julius or Stefan getting out of the shower and WHAM there's their dick on the screen. Or at the end they had Julius's wife in bed with Julius/Stefan (not going to tell you who!) and her tits are kinda hanging out there, as well. Again...European thing.

Here's a screenshot of Julius (left) and Stefan (right) just to get you intrigued.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.