Sonntag, 4. März 2012
AMD 4
For this AMD, I interviewed my friend who had been an exchange student from Germany about some of the culture that I had read about in the textbook. I asked him about the cheap markets in Germany and if it was actually that intimidating. He said that it was true and that even a native German like him find it rather intimidating and that when he had first come to America, he was pleasantly surprised by the fact that there were baggers and there wasn't a big rush to check out with the groceries. He said that he was also surprised when he saw people mowing their lawn and blowing the leaves on Sundays in their yard. He said that he loved the Americans' love for the barbeque and he was so surprised that his host family would grill every weekend while watching football because he really grew to love hotdogs and burgers. He said that he was also very sad that soccer was not broadcasted on the main sports channels and it was his first time ever watching American football. He said that he didn't really understand American football and thought it was kind of boring but going to a game at the big house made him realize that it was the atmosphere that people loved. He said despite what seems to be a giant cultural gap between Americans and Germans, that there were lots of similiarities also and he said that if I were to ever visit Germany, I shouldn't be too worried about the language or the culture because a lot of Germans are able to speak German and everyone is really friendly... in most places.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.