Hallo,
For AMD 5 I chose to visit the "Step Into German"website to watch some german music videos and listen to some German tunes. last term, In German 101, the topic of German pop music was brought up in class. The answer the class was given was, in essence, that German pop music, or what calls itself pop music, is all garbage. Now, I'm not one to judge, and tried to remain unbiased while watching these videos, but my conclusion was the same. I couldn't stand most of the music on the site. Now, that is not necessarily to say that German pop music is any worse than English-language pop music, because I don't like most English pop music either. The German rap video, however, had me cracking up. again, I'm not a huge fan of rap in any language, but it's pretty clear than German rap is a square peg in a round hole, it just doesn't work (in my opinion). Of course, not all of the songs were unbearable. I found "wir sind wir" by Paul van Dyk and Peter Heppner to be very listenable. though like so many crappy techno songs it uses synthesized music, it is still very subtle and doesn't cause the listener headaches, so that's good. I also found Die Toten Hosen to be decent. Their song "Meine stadt" sounds very similar to the band Flogging Molly, except, ofcourse, in German. Philipp Poisel was okay, as was in extremo, though some would probably argue the latter with me. In the end, I found that there was some German music that I enjoyed, but as with English music, I had to search through much more that I didn't in order to find it. That's probably just me though, regardless of language.
Will
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.