Mittwoch, 14. März 2012
Kultur 10 - Joe Schafer
For this Kultur assignment, I just read the first 3 articles because they seemed like the most interesting ones. The first article was about Germany's obsession with watching an old skit called "Dinner for One". I think its funny that of all things that they choose to obsess over, it is a skit from the early 1900's. I would think there are skits from today's age that are much more hilarious, but then again I haven't watched the show. It does make you wonder what American's find funny about Germans but at the same time the German's know nothing about it. I find it odd that the German government would regulate when businesses can be open. That seems terribly inefficient. But it would be nice, if you lived in a city, for it to be relatively quiet during the nights and weekends. Its also very annoying that you wouldn't be able to quickly run to the store to buy something you forgot to get. I guess that ties into a German's organizational skills though. I enjoyed reading about the descension of Father's Day in Germany. It started as a good natured appreciation for Fathers and over time it has digressed into middle aged men getting hammered. They don't even have to be Fathers, they just get ridiculously drunk. I can definately see that getting out of hand here in America, but I wonder just how crazy it gets in Germany. Maybe its just another version of St. Patty's day for them. Which brings about another question, do Germans celebrate St. Patty's day? What holidays do they celebrate??
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.