Montag, 12. März 2012

Maria Young - Kultur 10

I especially enjoyed this week's culture reading on stores closing early on weekdays and not opening on Sundays. I have experienced this myself while in Germany and I think it something that Americans should learn from. It is nice that on Sundays, after after regular work hours everyone breaks. It gives time to relax, and simplifies life.

I also found the father's day article very funny. Father's Day to me brings up memories of Sunday brunch giving home made gifts to my dad, or playing a round of mini-golf with my family and then retreating home tok cook my dad's favorite meal. In Germany, it is a whole other holiday. German Father's Day reminds me of American bachelor parties. On a day you are celebrating being a father, isn't it funny they aren't at all acting like one? Or at least not how they probably want their children to see them.

The article on the Weihnachten markets made me miss Christmas time and Germany. I have always wanted to spend Christmas in Germnay to go to the Weihnachten's markets in the small villages and in larger cities including Dresden and Munich. Since I do not live in Germany, I have to do my best of finding Weihnachten's markets in the US which do their best to mimicthis German tradition. So far, Frankenmuth MI's or one outside of New York City are the best I have found.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.